If you’re looking for a short list of Metro Detroit & Ann Arbor area wedding venues to consider, I can help! If you know the style of wedding you want to have it might make it a bit easier to choose, but if not, choose a few drastically different venues to tour and help narrow your search.
Each of these industrial venues has its own uniqueness & historical significance for the city of Detroit.
- The Eastern – An old Detroit fire station
- Jam Handy – Formerly a film studio
- The Whiskey Factory – An active distillery & the old Stroh’s ice cream plant
- Ford Piquette Plant – Where the Model T was originally built in 1908
If you would like a classic, ballroom-style wedding, check out:
- The Colony Club – A clean, opulent space you can build upon
- The Masonic Temple – Gothic revival architecture
- Ann Arbor City Club – A charming space with both indoor & outdoor options
Some other notable mentions:
- St. John’s Resort (especially if you’re having a Catholic ceremony)
- Planterra Conservatory – A beautiful seasonal greenhouse
- The Monarch Club – The rooftop of The Element hotel for more intimate gatherings
- Meadowbrook Hall – You get the entire estate for your wedding!
- Zingerman Cornman Farms – A gorgeous rustic venue
- The Gem Theatre – You get use of the entire building that was previously a working theatre
When I am able to work with a client from the very beginning of their wedding planning journey, we are able to make very intentional decisions in choosing their wedding venue. We not only take the wedding style into consideration, but also things like accessibility, cost, & inclusions. Reach out here if you want to chat about how I can help you!