In honor of Cinco de Mayo next weekend, I thought I would ask for recommendations of the best Mexican restaurants in Metro Detroit! I asked in several local Facebook groups and received the following recommendations:
- Mexicantown (Ced says “All of Mexicantown is Awesome during Cinco de Mayo…all the restaurants, the streets, the people…wow! Everywhere you go, awesome!”)
- Taqueria Mi Pueblo-Detroit
- La Cina-Detroit
- El Asador-Detroit
- Amaya’s Fresh Mexican-Monroe (Erin says “Literally everything is fresh. The owner, Tino, picks up his own produce nearly every day!”)
- Mexican Fiesta-Dearborn Heights
- Las Palapas-Livonia
- Los Tres Amigos-Canton (Our fave!)
- Maiz Mexican Cantina-Ypsi
Did I miss anywhere?
Comment below if your favorite Mexican restaurant in Metro Detroit is missing from the list!